In Cahootz Ltd (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold about you. Using personal information allows us to develop a better understanding of our supporters and, in turn, provide you with information about the work that we do.
We are a registered Company  and a Scottish charity [SC 042575],
1 Cadogan Square, 51 Cadogan Street, Glasgow G2 7HF.
We work in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2013.
We regularly review our practices to ensure that your privacy is appropriately protected. We may update or modify this Privacy Statement from time to time so we recommend you should view it regularly.
This privacy statement was updated on 9 June 2020.
How we collect your personal Information
We collect your personal information when you interact with us:
- When you sign up to receive emails from us (distributed through Mailchimp)
- When you sign up to participate in one of our projects
- When you make a donation
- When you tell us information about yourself at meetings, in conversations, etc
- When you visit our social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. We receive the personal information that you share with us according to your privacy settings. To find out more about how these companies process your personal information, we recommend that you read their privacy policies
- We may get personal information about you from third parties when you have given them consent to share your data with us. For example at venue box offices when you have purchased tickets for our performances
- By joining our e-newsletter mailing list.
The types of information we collect
We collect information that is necessary to carry out our business and keep you informed about our activities.
When you sign up to receive our e-newsletter mailing through our website, we collect the following information:
Contact phone number(s)
We will always provide you with an opportunity to unsubscribe in any emails that we send to you, and will retain your information until you unsubscribe.
When you join us to participate in a project or workshop:
Contact phone number(s)
We may also collect additional personal information as required by the participatory group such as:
Date of Birth
Name and participation consent of parent or guardian
Emergency contact/next of kin contact details
We may take photographs or record film for archive, marketing and publicity or reporting purposes. We will always seek your permission.
We may also collect personal information e.g.
Direct debit information
Credit/debit card details
Gift aid status
Current interests, activities and background information
Information you give us when completing a donation form
Information shared with us by a partner organisation e.g. ticket booking
Credit / debit card details will only be used for processing your sales transaction or gift and we will not keep your card details once the transaction is complete.
When you visit our site, we obtain the following information from your session:
- IP address (please see our cookies policy)
Please be aware that without cookies you will be unable to view some parts of our site, or it may not function properly.
We are committed to handling your information responsibly and securely.
If you have any concerns with how we have handled and used your personal information, you should contact our Data Protection Officer in the first instance to resolve any complaint.
Our Data Protection Officer is: Suzanne Brady
In Cahootz Ltd
Address: 1 Cadogan Square, 51 Cadogan Street, Glasgow G2 7HF
Telephone: 0141 248 6988
If you are still dissatisfied, you can submit a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) either by telephone or by completing an online form. The ICO’s contact details are as follows:
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Website link: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/